A list of comments drawn from some of our innovation workshops demonstrating hints of cognitive biases at play.
What is this for?
First of all, you need to know when a bias is having an impact on the innovation process. There are some key moments to watch out for when biases can be most influential:
- When carrying out selective research on existing innovations.
- During ideation rounds.
- When discussing the most important features to develop for customers.
- When discussing and critically assessing final ideas to develop into concepts.
- When storyboarding your prototypes to build and test.
- When deciding on critical assumptions to test.
- During business model canvas sessions.
- When developing your pitch content.
Therefore we’ve listed up 25 sentences which should alert you when cognitive biases are at play.