Senior Business Designer (New York)
Board Of Innovation is expanding and are looking to bring onboard a Senior Business Designer to join our New York team.
We don’t believe in forcing someone into a specific job function. Your role will be shaped based on your own interest and experience, as well as those of your team members; and even more importantly, everyone’s role is expected to evolve continuously. Consider the below job description a starting point for yours:
- You support corporate innovation teams in their quest for new business opportunities. Jointly, you turn these opportunities into significant business value and results (by generating new revenue streams, new product launches, etc). Working in a structured and agile way, you guide them through the different phases of innovative product or service developments providing on-the-job collaboration with them throughout the entire process. At times you will support corporate innovation teams as they transform into a more customer-centric culture.
- You inspire teams with the best practices in innovation, deep user understanding, and relevant tools and techniques. Where needed, you create innovation playbooks and cases.
- You guarantee a strong focus on understanding the customer and creating relevant experiments in order to achieve market validation. You test early prototypes iteratively with users to move ideas closer to market launch. You interpret and translate (user/market) insights towards a clear vision for innovative products, services, spaces, interactions and experiences. And, as a team, turn this vision into tangible business results.
- One day you might discuss the innovation strategy & governance of a new accelerator. Another day, you’re facilitating brainstorm sessions with teams of intrapreneurs. Next, you are researching future strategies for innovative disruption in a specific sector or customer segment. In between, your train in-house ambassadors to spread the innovation virus within their organization.
- You have an academic background in Business / Design / Innovation / …
- You have substantial and relevant experience in in building businesses and designing new business models
- You have experience in applying Lean Start up principles and you are savvy in new technologies
- You have strong business analytical skills and are able to challenge a business case of a new venture, on-the-spot
- Designing and facilitating different innovation programs is what gets you excited
- You have a proven track record of generating tangible business results
- You are a future-thinker and generate new ideas with a clear business model
- You are able to formulate your own opinion, backed up with arguments and confidence
- You feel comfortable in the fuzzy front end of an innovation process, where at the same time you bring structure and are able to manage progress in innovation projects
- You have what it takes to thrive in our team: eager to learn, an open mindset, a team spirit, an entrepreneurial attitude and a ‘raise the bar’ mentality
- You are strong in one-on-one coaching
- You are able to work out of our New York (Dumbo, Brooklyn) based offices
- you are able to travel frequently throughout and outside the united states to execute project work
With a mission to inspire 100 million people.
Board of Innovation is an independent & international business design agency, with offices in Antwerp and New York and activities all over the world. We help the world’s largest organizations navigate transformational shifts, developing growth strategies, designing new businesses & building innovation capabilities.
Over the past 10 years, Board of Innovation worked with large corporates and Fortune 500s, both B2B and B2C, including General Electric, AB Inbev, Novartis, TD Bank, Adidas, ING, Vanderlande, Thomson Reuters and SOS Children’s Villages.
Become part of a next generation.
Our New York office is a self-steering, 7-person team that truly values an entrepreneurial mindset and encourages each team member to make their role their own.