Director, Business Growth (New York)
Board Of Innovation is expanding and are looking to bring onboard a Senior Business Designer to join our New York team.
Do you get excited by solving complex problems? Can you identify and build relationships with key corporate decision-makers? Do you have experience creating winning proposals, as well as leading client work? Then this role might be right for you.
The Director, Business Growth (New York) will be a hybrid role that is a combination of business development and project support. We’re looking for someone who has experience driving sales (in a consulting/agency environment) within the US market and can represent Board of Innovation out in the world.
This role will play a limited part in our client workshops, trainings, and strategic projects. Because we believe in building anti-fragile teams, the ideal candidate needs to be able to think independently, work with different cultures, and collaborate with other senior consultants to generate business results.
Our New York office is a self-steering, 6-person team that truly values an entrepreneurial mindset and encourages each team member to make their role their own. Consider the below job description a starting point for yours (listed in order of priority):
- Turn inbound leads and RFPs into winning proposals by understanding a client’s needs and matching them to Board of Innovation’s capabilities
- Pitch Board of Innovation’s services to prospects and potential clients
- Generate new leads via proactive outreach and networking (LinkedIn, emails, etc)
- Nurture potential leads and build long-term strategic relationships with senior client stakeholders
- Identify new opportunities to guide the Board of Innovation’s sales strategy
- Maintain your own pipeline of project leads via an online platform (e.g. Hubspot)
- Track sales metrics and apply learnings to help optimize the system
- Represent Board of Innovation in the public eye through the hosting of small community meetups, public speaking engagements, and networking opportunities
- Support the development of SOWs, billing/invoicing, and legal approval for agreed upon client contracts
- Create strong, clear handovers between the closed projects and the project leads
- Participate in workshops/client projects in the role of project support (this requires facilitation, presentation, and innovation consulting skills)
- Build connections with workshop participants and help grow opportunities where possible
- Substantial relevant experience in Business Development, writing proposals and closing deals (e.g. as an entrepreneur, sales manager, new business developer, client director, growth specialist, B2B organization)
- Substantial relevant experience in the execution of project work (e.g. within innovation, management consulting, facilitation, business design)
- Must have experience building relationships at the leadership level of global enterprises
- Must be passionate and knowledgeable about customer-centric design, corporate innovation, new business models and next-generation technologies
- Must be able to understand the real (strategic) needs and context behind a prospect’s request. Hence, you’re experienced in building proposals tailored to their objectives that focus entirely on the deliverables that we can offer
- Ability to travel each month to participate in client workshops and trainings both within and beyond the US
- Ability to work out of our New York (Dumbo, Brooklyn) based offices
- You have what it takes to thrive in our team: an authentic personality, a no-nonsense approach, a relentless drive to learn, an open mindset, an entrepreneurial attitude, a true team spirit (no ego!) and you share our ‘raise the bar’ mentality
With a mission to inspire 100 million people.
Board of Innovation is an independent & international business design agency, with offices in Antwerp and New York and activities all over the world. We help the world’s largest organizations navigate transformational shifts, developing growth strategies, designing new businesses & building innovation capabilities.
Over the past 10 years, Board of Innovation worked with large corporates and Fortune 500s, both B2B and B2C, including General Electric, AB Inbev, Novartis, TD Bank, Adidas, ING, Vanderlande, Thomson Reuters and SOS Children’s Villages.
Become part of a next generation.
Our New York office is a self-steering, 7-person team that truly values an entrepreneurial mindset and encourages each team member to make their role their own.