Create fresh and novel innovation-related content to share with the world.
About the job.
Create fresh innovation content together with our consultants enabling us to inspire 100M people
Currently we are looking for an English Copywriter at Board of Innovation (full-time position) to create fresh innovation-related content to share with the world. We don’t believe in forcing someone into a specific job function. Your role will be shaped based on your own interest and experience, as well as those of your team members; and even more importantly, everyone’s role is expected to evolve continuously. Consider this as a starting point:
Together with the consultants and marketing team, you explore innovation topics and trends, dive into the core of our international projects, seek captivating stories about work and life at Board of Innovation, and turn all of that into Board Of Innovation-branded eye-catching copy. Your mission is threefold:
- inspire innovators & entrepreneurs worldwide (e.g. co-creating new valuable content pieces, doing research in academia, debunking myths based on the deep facts, writing on the future trends in a specific industry, …)
- show the business impact our team has on corporates (e.g. interview customers, create real testimonials, …)
- make people dream of working at or with Board of Innovation e.g. come up with original ways to propagate our very unique culture.
YOU DEVELOP A CONTENT STRATEGY PLAN AND EXECUTE THIS ACCORDINGLY BY CREATING INSPIRING WRITTEN CONTENT
- Participate in strategizing the execution of marketing campaigns including content, development of a content schedule, selection of platforms and measurements tactics.
- Partner and align with the marketing team to co-create on-brand, high-performing content.
- Write clear, concise (and obviously grammatically correct) copy that will end up on a variety of owned and paid media. (blogs, ebooks, social media, emails, international publications & platforms, partners, etc.)
- Utilize excellent editorial skills and optimise content to support our SEO strategy.
- Own the content calendar, the heart of our inbound marketing machine.
- Develop long and short form content together with in-house consultants to support our marketing efforts for lead generation, product launches, inbound marketing, and other growth initiatives.
- Collaborate and build relationships across teams.
- Steer a remote team of external partners and freelancers when needed and build up a relationship with leading publications in our field (e.g. HBR, Fastco, Innovationmanagement.se, etc.)
INTERNATIONAL TOP TALENT, organized in self-steering teams, valued for their entrepreneurship
At Board of Innovation, employees are not managed but given the freedom and trust to organize themselves in entrepreneurial self-steering teams. That’s why within your team, next of being a top notch copywriter, you can also grow into several business-critical domains like coaching of internal stakeholders in how to develop quality content, and potentially even client work as you’re the expert in copywriting. Learn more about our values and unique culture here.
We are looking for someone like you!
PASSIONATE about copywriting & researching & innovation
- Words are just about your favourite thing. You have outstanding English written communication skills.
- You’re passionate about innovation, you understand our activities and can translate these insights into interesting content.
- You love to research and write for most hours of the day about innovation-related topics.
Solid copywriting background
- You have substantial (3 to 6 years) experience in copywriting with a strong focus on B2B content creation.
- You have a good understanding of SEO and keyword research.
- You’re able to work with a limited outline or very early stage draft version of a new story, and you can commit to deadlines.
in getting things done
- Fast learner to level up your knowledge by actively researching on the most relevant topics.
- Your bias to action always takes you to the logical next step, and to keep track of overall progress and next steps.
- You are an achiever. You are hands-on and do what needs to be done to get the most inspiring content out there.
Credible & effective communicator
You easily connect with people, and you have an open, empathic, proactive and to-the-point communication style.
You are able to constructively formulate your own opinion, backed up with strong arguments and confidence
- Your English is ‘CEO proof”, other languages are definitely an asset.
B2B copywriting mindset
- You understand the fundamentals of B2B copywriting. You can crack out copy fast while effectively telling a story within a business writing that inspires innovation-lovers & entrepreneurs.
- You write with the specific (B2B) persona in mind that we’re trying to target.
with our team
You have what it takes to thrive in our team: an authentic personality, a no-nonsense approach, a relentless drive to learn, an open mindset, an entrepreneurial attitude, a true team spirit (no ego’s!) and you share our ‘raise the bar’ mentality
As we value diversity, you also bring in something unique, a new perspective, new competencies, or an interesting background that clearly complements and strengthens our team somehow!
Why join Board of Innovation?
Because you enjoy inspiring the most amazing Fortune 500 corporates (like GE, Philips, Danone, AB InBev, ING and Roche) and having direct impact on our conversion ratio.
Because you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, prefer to work in self-steering teams, and want to contribute to our overall business strategies and growth.
Because you get numerous on-the-job-and-beyond learning opportunities, the possibility to develop yourself in a direction of choice, and you receive a self-development budget.
Because you like to eat healthy every day (breakfast, lunch, soup, fruits, drinks, … for free!) , and are not afraid to take the risk to get addicted to our coffee bean machine. Not to mention those legendary Funky Fridays.
Because you appreciate a stimulating office environment, like the opportunity to work at standing desks while listening to your free Spotify account, walk around barefoot on our amazingly soft carpet floor, or read a book in our cozy couches corner
Because you look for a place where you can be your whole self, and become part of highly talented, ambitious, (from time to time hilarious) international and diverse team (15 different nationalities and counting!)
Because you are eager to build a global audience from our HQ in Belgium. You’ll be part of a well established marketing team (or, external growth circle, as we call it) that loves to spark the innovation virus across the globe.
Because you want to craft your own job? Well, we encourage you to do so. It’s about creating opportunities to play to your strengths to create an even bigger impact. We want to support you to fulfil your professional and entrepreneurial ambitions.
Upload your cv, share your portfolio, have a chatbot introducing yourself … up to you! Next, fill out the application questions and submit! We promise to definitely get back to you within (latest!) 2 weeks.
To prepare for this video call, we will invite you to take some (challenging :)) online reasoning tests. During this initial 15-minute video call, we meet each other for the first time. We will ask a few additional things about your past experiences and/or drivers, and obviously also give you the opportunity to ask a few early burning questions.
So far so good! We clearly see your potential for this role, so you’ll be invited to prepare a case to test your B2B copywriting skills.
During the interview our talent recruiter will question you on a few additional aspects for culture and role fit. Again, as this process works both ways, this is another great opportunity for you to also find out more about us. Don’t hold back!
Welcome on Board
Hooray! We are very honoured to make you a job offer and look forward for you to join our troops!